Informal launch of Planters Energy Network (PEN) & Mr.Palaniappan receives the Young Solar Scientist award from ICTP; spends one year for solar research in Europe
Formal registration of PEN with headquaters at School of Energy Sciences Madurai Kamarajar University
1. National Solar Energy conference organised at Madurai Kamarajar University
2. PEN installed first roof integrated Solar Air Heater(SAH) at Manjolai Tea Estate in Tirunelveli district.
Installation of solar air heating system at Golden hills Nilgiris providing 35% energy saving.
PEN organises international conference on “Energy Perspective in Plantation industries” in collaboration with UPASI and MKU.
1. Nine tea gardens goes for Solar Air Heating systems by PEN.
2. Completion of 2625 m2 Solar air heating system.
Installation of solar air heating for spices at Eastern Condiments.
Organised International Conference on “Renewable energy application to industries”in collaboration with IIT Madras & MKU
Installation of solar air heating for spices at Sakthi Masala
1. Organised International Conference on “Renewable Energy Technologies - Application to Agro Processing Industries” In collaboration with IIT Madras & Madurai Kamaraj University
2. Completion of 5000 m2 Solar air heating system
Dr. C Palaniappan voluntarily retires from academic activities – Dedicates his full-time towards promoting solar applications
1. SUNBEST inaugurated at Theni; PEN headquarters shifted to Theni
2. Enters the industrial Solar Water Heating activities
3. Completion of 7500 m2 Solar air heating system.
Start of solar water heater division
Completion of 10000 m2 Solar air heating system.
SUNBEST received CARE rating - SP2B for its solar air heating division
1. Start of Solar SPV division
2. Completion of 100000 LPD Solar water heating system
SUNBEST nominated for ASHDEN UK INTERNATIONAL AWARD.
Dr.C Palaniappan receives the Excellence Award from Shri.Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister for Power,coal and New & Renewable energy for contribution to Solar CST technologies.
1. Completion of 12500 m2 Solar air heating system.
2. Completion of 300000 LPD Solar water heating system.
3. Completion of 2 MW Solar SPV power.